If the Roman Catholic Church is indeed the "Mother of Harlots", it behooves us to know whom these daughters may be! (Click on the title of this post for a more detailed proof that the Roman Catholic Church IS Mystery Babylon the Mother of Harlots.)
The apostles doctrine of the 1st century church...as given by the scriptural apostles, shows that everyone in the New Testament church was baptized in the name of the lord Jesus.
38. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
41. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
42. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
14. Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
15. Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
16. (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
47. Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48. And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
4. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Every letter, or epistle written after "Acts" was written to those already saved (see the power point-"the Roman Road to Salvation". When did the dogma of baptizing using the phasing of Matt.28: 19. "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" come into force?
Obviously the true apostles understood the one name encompassing "Father, Son and Holy Ghost" was Jesus, as evidenced by the sited scripture.
8. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
The doctrine of the trinity was made dogma for the "church" after 325 AD, the Council of Nicea. After Roman Emperor Constantine (a pagan) stopped the persecution of Christianity, then made his style of "Christianity" the state religion...biblical Christianity started to disappear, being replaced by the new brand- Roman Christianity. Adherence to this and coming new doctrines was enforced by punishing the "heretic" (anyone not agreeing with the new stuff)by even death.
Baptism in the trinity formula is absolutely of Roman Catholic origination. Protestantism changed many things, but unfortunately NOT the mode (sprinkling babies- even though babies can't believe, nor repent)and formula of baptism (trinity).
If YOUR church does NOT baptize in Jesus name, you are most likely unwittingly a member of one of the daughter harlot churches. Demand to be re-baptized in the name of Jesus as a believer..if you have decided to follow Jesus and his WORD for the rest of your life. You must be immersed...
12. Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14. Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
17a. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord,...
A Harlot is a woman who functions as a wife without the privilege of a husbands name.
We obtain that name when we "put on Christ".
Gal.3: 27. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Jesus name baptism by immersion is the ONLY scripturally approved baptism. If your church doesn't practice this, GET OUT of that church! Your eternal destiny rides on this point! I believe you have hooked up with a harlot daughter of the Roman Catholic Church. This isn't a joke. Prayerfully seek Jesus and his word on this point. If you can find one example after the day of Pentecost where anyone was baptized using the trinity formula, forget this post! But, if you can't find any example of the baptism YOU were baptized with (there aren't any) you better make sure of your own salvation.
12. Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
What About Matthew 28:19?
What is the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Ghost? Apparently the apostles believed it to be Jesus!
For the power-point presentation on Baptism, Water & Spirit, go here.http://fredanderson.blogspot.com/2008/05/baptism-water-and-spirit.html