Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Reasons To Believe!
I am almost certain to have posted this before, but repetition is key to remembering!
Reasons I believe in a literal interpretation of Genesis 1 through 6, including
a) A literal (real) Adam and Eve
b) Everything was created in 6- 24hour days, God rested on the 7th day.
c) A world wide flood that destroyed all land dwelling life, EXCEPT...
d) Noah and the inhabitants of the ark.
It is the Word of God. 2 Tim.3-16 states...
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
Science can only deal with what it can see, touch, weigh, examine in the physical/natural world. God/Jesus deals with the SUPERNATURAL, He isn’t limited to the physical/natural world and its natural laws (gravity/time/death, etc.) Evolutionists only believe what they can see-, touch, smell, and examine in a controlled environment.
We know that Jesus worked miracles all the time, contrary to nature. He healed the sick instantly, raised the dead, calmed the raging sea, and withered a fig tree by talking to it. He told prophecies, read peoples hearts, etc. Jesus was God AND man.
Jesus was the Jehovah of the O.T., the creator of all things in heaven and earth
Rev.1: 8. "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,'' says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.''
John 1: 1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. He was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
Col. 1: 12. giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.
13. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
14. in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
15. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16. For by Him (Jesus) all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
17. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
18. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
19. For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell,
Col.2: 8. Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
9. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
Gen 1- each day was a morning and an evening-24hours. Yom is the Hebrew word- means 24hr day.
Do you believe that God actually gave Moses the 10 Commandments? Were they real? YES!
The 4th Commandment; Exodus 20:
8. "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9. Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
10. but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates.
11. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
God wrote the 10 Commandments with his own finger- the pre-human born Jesus!
The genealogies of Genesis 5 and 11 go all the way back to Adam,, a real person!
Jesus believed the O.T. as historically accurate (He was an eye witness to it all, He created it all).
Matt.10: 15. "Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city! Jesus believed this story, including Lot’s wife turning into a piller of salt.
Matt.12: 40. "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.” ( He believed in Jonah and the whale)
Matt.19: 4. And He answered and said to them, "Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning `made them male and female,'
5. "and said, `For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'?
6. "So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.'' (a literal Adam and a literal Eve)
Matt. 24: 37. "But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
38. "For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
39. "and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.” (Jesus believed and preached that the flood was real, the ark was real, and the world was destroyed except for 8 people. )
Belief in “millions of years” contradicts the Word of God on death, and disease, and assaults the character of God. The fossil record proves a flood- judgment for sin, NOT millions of years!
In the beginning, everything was good... no death, no sickness, no carnivorous animals killing each other. All creatures ate veggies. Gen.1: 29. And God said, "See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.
30. "Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food''; and it was so.
Sin by a real Adam and Eve brought death, sickness onto the entire creation. The 2nd Adam (Jesus) brings redemption to the entire universe, if we believe and obey the gospel. It is the Word of God!